The RequirementsTo meet the basic requirement for the Consumer Engagement Outreach Educator I role, you must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. for any employer without requiring a Visa transfer or Visa sponsorship. The ideal candidate for this role will exhibit strengths in verbal communication, problem solving and professionalism. Additionally, to be a strong fit for the role, you will need:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and active listening skills
- The ability to communicate and educate in a highly professional and effective manner
- Computer literacy, including:
- The skill to type 30+ wpm with accuracy
- Comfort using the Internet for research
- The ability to effectively shift between open windows and applications
- The skill to use common software such as MS Office, especially Word, and perform tasks such as Cut and Paste, and Copy
- The ability to multitask, typing and moving between screens as you speak with members
- The ability to handle confidential information on a daily basis in a professional manner
- A strong customer service orientation and commitment to providing outstanding service
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Professionalism and a strong work ethic; the ability to excel and meet your responsibilities in a highly structured environment
- The ability to work independently and as a reliable team member
- An upbeat attitude with a coachable persona
- Inquisitiveness and the desire to continually learn and improve
- Call center experience
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish
- Experience working in a medical environment
- Experience with computer data entry, medical terminology, or managed care
The RoleReporting to the Consumer Engagement Team Lead, as Consumer Engagement Outreach Educator I, you will primarily focus on connecting with health plan members each day and involving them in making their own healthcare decisions. You will be engaging members, so must leverage outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, as well as your first-rate customer service abilities.
On a daily basis, you will work a set shift within your assigned call center, and talk to members called via our outbound autodialer system. These members will have passed the approval process and have open cases. Your role will be to help them choose/understand next steps, such as where to go. Sometimes you’ll provide a concierge service, speaking with physician’s offices and imaging centers, while the member is on the phone, always remaining professional, calm and helpful. We currently support outpatient diagnostic and cardiac imaging, cardiac implantable devices, oncology drugs and therapeutic agents, radiation therapy, sleep, pain and lab services. As we continue to grow, we anticipate adding additional product lines. Change is a constant, so you must be able to adjust rapidly as products are added and/or processes change.
More specifically, as part of your responsibilities, you will:
- Work from a call guide to conduct the call
- Clearly explain the program to the member to assist the member with making the best informed choice regarding their healthcare
- Remain continuously aware that the Consumer Engagement Outreach Educator I position is a customer service position that includes service based solutions
- Provide exceptional customer service on each call
- Speak to members regarding facility location (both inbound and outbound)
- Review cases to offer multiple imaging locations
- Make outbound calls to facilities to schedule imaging appointments
- Track details on all cases worked
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Why eviCoreFoundation for career growth – this is prime role to begin building your career with eviCore because it will provide the solid foundation you need to further advance your career. You'll gain a good deal of knowledge through training and practice that can open multiple paths of advancement.
Outstanding training – upon joining us, you will go through several weeks of classroom training with a group of other Consumer Engagement Educators. You'll have the opportunity to learn the eviCore healthcare way, our processes, procedures and systems, medical terminology, various health plans and much more. You will enjoy a "Learning Lab" environment where you will do a good deal of role play, take mock calls, use online resources, observe and more. Additionally, you'll have more training once you have worked in the role for a while, and ongoing training as needed.
Career advancement – prove yourself in this role and there are numerous positions, depending upon your skills and desire, which you could pursue. For example, you could work up to a supervisor, move to a project-based role, a training position, business analyst…the sky’s the limit. If you’re pursuing a medical education while working as a Consumer Engagement Outreach Educator I, you could also advance through the clinical side of the business.
Not your typical call center role – this is not collections, not retail, not banking...this is a medical role. While other call center roles are perfectly viable careers, there's a different feeling in this industry. You can feel good knowing that your efforts will help deliver medical benefit solutions that benefit everyone: payers, providers and patients alike. Your efforts will impact lives day after day; your work will matter.
High growth company – we're experiencing strong growth, both organic and through mergers and acquisitions. For example, recently the complementary talents, technologies and tactical acumen of CareCore and MedSolutions unified to become eviCore healthcare. For more information on our growth, please see the About eviCore healthcare tab. That growth will continue moving forward, generating even more opportunities.
Critical mission – eviCore healthcare is committed to making sure that every patient receives exactly the health care they need. We know that every patient has a unique condition and medical history, so we manage tests and/or treatments to make sure they meet the latest standards of care to deliver the best possible outcomes. As a result we help to eliminate the cost and time wasted with inappropriate tests or treatments, while ensuring the highest levels of patient safety.You can feel pride knowing that your efforts will help both your patients and the ailing healthcare system.
Excellent compensation – in addition to a competitive wage, eviCore healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental coverage, a 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid vacations and holidays, life insurance coverage and the tools and equipment necessary to perform your role from your home office (telephone and computer).
Keys to SuccessThis is a role requiring in-depth training and consistency of coverage. As already noted, upon joining us, you will receive a good deal of training before you can begin taking live calls. To succeed in the role, you must first succeed in the Learning Lab. Training continually builds on what was taught the day before, so you must attend every day of training.
Once trained, you will work a set 40-hour schedule, with two breaks and a half hour lunch. Outside of those breaks you will be expected to be at your desk working and supporting the team, as they will also support you.
You will also need to be skilled at the nuts and bolts of the work. Comfort balancing multiple tasks, and working effectively with the technology (hardware and software) will be critical. Your customer service skills will be top-notch and your attitude will be upbeat. Because our culture is performance-based, we check our egos at the door and open our minds to learning. You must be able to receive guidance meant to help you improve and meet your performance goals (scorecard). If you’re open to learning and can adapt to change, you will do very well at eviCore.
Additionally, to excel as Consumer Engagement Outreach Educator I, you will:
- Take a proactive customer service approach
- Be self-directed and highly motivated
- Relate well to all types of people
- Be able to listen actively and responsively
- Adhere to all eviCore protocols, policies and procedures
About eviCoreeviCore healthcare was founded in 1994 to provide comprehensive, customized programs to improve the use of diagnostic imaging and enhance the quality of care. eviCore healthcare’s innovative and quality-driven approach to radiology utilization management has made it the country’s fastest-growing outpatient diagnostic imaging utilization management services provider.
Building on our success, eviCore expanded its offering to include two highly specialized areas of care: cardiology and oncology. In 2005, eviCore launched eviCore Cardiology to manage cardiac care, including cardiac imaging and implantable devices. In 2007, eviCore launched eviCore Oncology to manage the use of oncology drugs and therapeutic agents. In 2008, eviCore added programs for sleep apnea, pain musculoskeletal management and lab services, which include high-cost genome testing.
eviCore healthcare ensures quality of healthcare by embracing the latest standards of care, deploying evidence-based models and managing treatment and diagnosis to achieve the best possible outcomes. We do this by using state-of-the-art technology and evidence-based criteria. All eviCore programs improve quality, streamline patient care and reduce cost. As our growing client list includes some of America’s most popular and trusted health plans, eviCore healthcare currently manages treatment affecting more than 30 million people.